Hey, my name is John Gilroy.
I work with podcasters who struggle with getting more downloads.
I help them increase the number of listeners while sprinkling in a little fun.
- A master’s degree from Indiana University
- 25 years on the largest NPR affiliate in the country, WAMU 88.5 FM
- An award from the The IEEE for technical education on radio
- 523 technology columns in The Washington Post
- The Tropaia Award from Georgetown University for outstanding faculty
- Over 700 episodes from three podcasts: Federal TechTalk, Constellations, and Inside Data Centers
When I am not in front of a microphone, I can be found doing videos or onstage giving presentations.
If you are dying to know more,
- When I was 18, I spent 4 years working full time on the Penn Central Railroad. I worked with gentlemen like Johnny Shimrock, Digger O’Dell, and “Bullets” Sinclair.
- I lived in Guatemala and have climbed several (dormant) (whew!) volcanos
- I travelled over 7,000 miles overland in Latin America
- I lived in Brazil for one year and made it to the mouth of the Amazon and the Foz de Iguacu
- For two years, I had a live television show called The Computer Guy Show
- Three years ago, I swam the Chesapeake Bay in two hours and eighteen minutes
If you would like to work with me, set up a phone call or download one of my freebies.