Hey, my name is John Gilroy, the guy on the far left.
I work with company podcasters who struggle with getting more downloads.
I help them increase the number of listeners while sprinkling in a little fun.
Speaking of fun,
If you are dying of boredom, I have
- Climbed the “Volcano of Fire” when I lived in Guatemala
- Traveled over 7,000 miles overland in Latin America
- Lived in Sao Paulo, Brazil for one year
- Been rejected by The Washington Post 27 times before 500 columns
- Had a live television show called The Computer Guy Show for 2 years
- Been married for 36 years with three grown children
- Swam the 4.4 mile Chesapeake Bay in 2016 – 2 hours 18 minutes
- Competed in the 2019 L.A. pier-to-pier two mile race 1 hour 4 minutes
If you really want to get bored, I have . . .
- A master’s degree from Indiana University
- 25 years on the largest NPR affiliate in the country, WAMU 88.5 FM
- An award from the IEEE for technical education on radio
- 523 technology columns in The Washington Post
- The Tropaia Award from Georgetown University for outstanding faculty
- 600 hour-long interviews on Federal TechTalk, part of Federal News Radio
- Successful podcasts include Students vs. Startups, Constellations, and Inside Data Centers.
When I am not in front of a microphone, I can be found doing videos or onstage giving presentations.
THINKING OF STARTING A PODCAST? FREE LIVE WEBINAR “IS YOUR COMPANY A GOOD FIT FOR A PODCAST?”