John Gilroy is an award-winning lecturer at Georgetown University. He also has three successful podcasts.
Sometime in 2020, he will assemble a 12 hour course called “How to promote a podcast.” It will give you the strategy and tactics to transform your podcast.
Before release, John will offer it at a drastic discount to a beta group to get feedback. Jump on the list if you have a sense of adventure.
Below is an outline of the topics:
Set the stage
1. Market assessment | Total Addressable Market | Lifetime value of customer
2. Competition. Tools to use to look at others in your market
3. Self audit. What does your marketing matrix look like? How does your website stand up to scrutiny?
Order of Battle
4. Appeal to the algorithm: keywords.
5. Appeal to the human: images
6. Show Notes: Structure | 20-point checklist | advanced promotion
7. Email: value of a mail list | nurturing vs. selling | surveys & quizzes
8. LinkedIn: background & headline | appeal to algorithm | groups | structure of an update | 10 areas of LinkedIn profile
9. Twitter: how to write a tweet | how often to Tweet | handling hashtags | profile
10. Prelaunch, Launch, cadence
11. Four ways to leverage quotes
12. Mastering the interview
13. Distribution grid: you & guest